The Healthy Opportunities Pilot is the nation’s first comprehensive Program to test and evaluate the impact of providing select evidence based, non-medical interventions related to housing, food, transportation, interpersonal safety and toxic stress to high-need Medicaid enrollees. Through Healthy Opportunities Pilots, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) is dedicated to:
- Ensuring members can access pilot services in a timely manner and in a way that meets their needs and improves health.
- Demonstrate equity across all elements of the pilot program for Medicaid members and human service organizations.
- Strengthen community capacity to provide high-quality, member-centered services.
ECCDI is contracted with Community Care of Lower Cape Fear to provide housing services to Medicaid enrollees living in New Hanover & Onslow Counties, this includes:
- Housing Navigation Support & Sustaining Services
- One Time Payment for Security Deposit & 1st month’s rent
- Housing Move in Support
- Essential Utility Set Up
- Home Remediation Services
- Home Accessibility & Safety Modifications
- Healthy Home Goods
- Inspection for Housing Safety & Quality